In which Winnie-the-Pooh has a very important thing to do.
Clementine von Radics, from Untitled (via despinavass)clementinevonradics)
Chances are, you are already a pretty great person, but this could be your time to be even better and realize your full potential. There are some simple, free, and painless things that you can start to do right now to become an even better version of yourself. Here are 10 ways to be a better you:
1. Learn to be in the moment. No matter how awesome your life is, you won’t get any enjoyment out of it if your head is always somewhere else. Even though you are physically present, you’ll miss out on the real enjoyment of fun with your friends, dates with your partner, and time spent with your family. Your mind might tend to be stuck in the past; thinking about what you could have done differently, or you might be two steps ahead and already living out your future. Learn to switch off the mind when it goes to either of those places and bring it back to the present moment.
2. Try something new. We tend to be creatures of habit, forming routines and doing the same things day in and day out. While we enjoy a sense of routine and the security that it brings, we can also get stuck in a rut. Part of being a better version of yourself is trying something new. Go on a trip somewhere you’ve never been, take up a new hobby, or even try something small like trying a new coffee shop instead of the usual one. Shaking up your routine will bring you a new sense of what else is out there and will expose you to new experiences. It will also bring you more appreciation for your usual activities when you go back to them.
3. Learn to be alone. When we aren’t secure in our own skin we can feel uncomfortable being alone. We often feel the need to surround ourselves with friends in order to feel good about ourselves. It’s great to socialize, but it’s also important to have time alone to recharge your batteries. Learn to have an afternoon alone or spend an evening by yourself without feeling the need to be constantly surrounded by others.
4. Learn to be wrong. Everyone is bound to be wrong from time to time, the key is to learn to be ok with it. Being wrong is normal; it doesn’t have to be a major blow to your ego or a sweeping statement about who you are as a person. Learn not to blow it out of proportion, shrug it off and move on when you’re wrong, rather than beating yourself up about it. You’ll waste a lot less energy by being able to accept it and move on, energy that can then be used for more fun and positive things.
5. Take a chance. While it can be terrifying, it’s good for all of us to step outside of our comfort zone and take a chance from time to time. Tell your crush that you’re into them. Pitch a new idea to your boss. Apply for your dream job. It might not work out the way you want, but the fact that you put yourself out there is a huge accomplishment, one that you can feel proud of regardless of the outcome.
6. Learn to take a compliment. This should be easier than it is. For some reason we are taught to shrug compliments off, downplay them or counter them with self-deprecating comments. Train yourself to simply say “thank you” when you receive a compliment. You probably deserve whatever was said and learn to accept that you are worth someone else’s kind words.
7. Find your style. This can mean you style of dress, style of communication, style of relationship, etc. You can apply the word “style” in any way that you choose, but learn to figure out what works for you and what doesn’t, what you like and what you don’t. The closer you can get to finding what’s really “you”, the closer you will be to making smarter decisions for yourself and coming into who you really are.
8. Tap into your instincts. We all have instincts; some of us are just more in tune with them than others. Learn to listen to your instincts, recognize when they are trying to tell you something and to pay attention to how you feel. Your instincts speak to you for a reason so learn to listen up and trust your gut.
Reason 2847958472 why I LOVE Jon Stewart.
The Twin Peaks Muppet prints are now available!
Thanks to the good folks over at InPrnt, all the designs are now all available print-to-order in a variety of sizes, AS WELL as i-phone and tablet cases!
Go to HERE to check them out, as well as some of my older designs, and thanks to everyone for all your positive feedback and support!
Back Seat MV teaser